Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Get Wrecked!

It's funny...there are these two songs that have connected with my spirit like never before and I planned to post them here. The funny part is my sister did the exact same thing yesterday. Not the same songs but the same idea...great minds and all that.

The first song is "How He Loves". This song was shown to me by my wife a month or two ago, but I didn't connect with it as quickly as she did. Mostly because, being a musician first, I didn't really listen to the lyrics. However this song is one of the best written songs I have ever heard. The lyrics completely capture God for who he really is. Yesterday it came on at the afternoon prayer session at church and when the chorus hit, it completely wrecked me...I was a mass of tears being held up by a wall. There's is something so moving in knowing that you are completely and totally loved.

Jesus Culture- "How He Loves"



The second song is Holy Visitation by Eddie James. I know a lot of people have done this song, but no one, NO ONE, does it like Eddie James. If you are a worshipper(which we are all supposed to be) just the fact that you see over 40,000 going nuts for God and calling for his visitation at the same time will wreck you. This is one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard, and it demands your spirit to stand at attention!

Eddie James- "Holy Visitation"


Start a Movement!

- j -

3 comments:

Tara Sloan said...

It's been awhile since I listened to "He Loves Us.." and the first time I saw the Kim Walker footage.. wow... wreck is right... you just shared exactly what Craig and I are desperate for God to do in the next phase He has for us... radical worship and a desperation for God... awesome Johnnie...

Positioned for Greatness said...

Johnnie,

One of the guys here is from Alabama. Eddie James has stayed at his moms house many times. we have connection, just have to work it. Go for it! A Radical generation of people that totally love God and people.

Johnnie said...

for sure!! that would be an incredible resource!!!