Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring Forward!


So here we are a little more than a week into spring. Spring is known for many things, but two of those things are time change "Springing Forward", and "Spring Cleaning". Here in Florida "spring cleaning" doesn't really have the same implications as it does in the snowy regions, but we use it just the same. As most of us know "spring cleaning" is when you get out and tidy up the things you weren't able to tidy up during the cold and snowy winter months. A time where you put away the clutter of the previous season. Some things we have been discussing at our church have put these two fore mentioned "Springisms"(that is so not a word) in a whole new light for me. So I thought I would share my twist on them with you.

At our church we've been declaring "Not another lap, but Another Level!". We are also going into a season of fasting. Fasting isn't usually smiled upon by us big fellas, but I am so amped about it. Applied properly, my focus, relationship, prayer, faith, and gifting will increase dramatically. Through fasting, I am putting aside the things that control my life and submitting that time fully to God and his direction for me and my family. These are the times where we do spiritual "spring cleaning". All of this clutter from seasons past needs to be moved out of the way to make room for what God has in store for this season..or this "New Level". We are all being called to "Spring Forward", to "Reach Higher". We can't realistically expect to spring forward when we haven't done any spring cleaning.

There are a lot of changes taking place, friends moving on, relationships shifting, a little uncertainty, and it feels uncomfortable at times. But in that uncertainty there is one thing that is certain. God has a plan. He is on top of every situation, and in control. In knowing that, and knowing that my steps are ordered by him, I am excited and not afraid. So get out those brooms. Let's clear the clutter, dust everything off, and get everything in order. It is time.....

....Start a Movement!

- j -

1 comment:

Tara Sloan said...

Fasting will move you totally out of the way and allow God to move mightily on your behalf! Craig and I are on a fast right now too... what a flesh killer! You guys are on the brink of something big...